Tuesday, July 16, 2019

New Haven's come a long way baby!

Dramatic change transforms downtown exponentially.


I've written about this subject more than once.
But like all at once, boom!
Tons of People!
As in the population living downtown.

It used to be that on Weekends
New Haven was deserted.

I couldn't find a place open for lunch.

Not anymore.



Now when I moved to Wooster Square, I was looking for walkability and entertainment. I got all that along with the rest of New Haven repatriates who ventured to move downtown in 2004.



Even then when I worked out on the green at 900 Chapel Street, the old Chapel Square Mall.
They renovated the mall and made apartments.

I'm thinking, who would live here,
even though I lived just 4 city blocks away.
But thrive they did.



Since then 2 new hotels and one in the works.
Eight or ten new apartment complexes.
New restaurants galore.

When walking downtown from Wooster Square, we no longer feel like we're the only ones.

East Shore Park, 
just a short bike ride from Wooster Square

We have Elm City Market, and another on the way.

A new restaurant finally on Wooster Street.
We have two restaurants for sale;



The former Joker's Wild comedy club and the former Tony and Lucille's who closed earlier this month.

When the two new developments open at Olive and Wooster Street lookout! You think the lines are long at Pepe's and Sally's now??

Lines forming now.

Also, in case you haven't heard, there's this
thing called the internet.

And pizza is right up there with puppy and kitty videos in popularity. So hence you get these traveling reviewers that have massive followings.

Everyone, even the World agrees.
N'aven style pizza is the best
in the whole USA.

Isn't that what I have been saying
for over Eight years here
at the WSBB?

Even though Connecticut has taken it's lumps,
don't count New Haven out. While riding my
bike around the city in the summer you see
tour buses dropping off hoards.

Cheryl Szczarba is the sole sponsor the
Wooster Square Blossom Blog.

They are here for Yale, the City History, the museums
and most of all the coveted pizza. This is sort of what I had in mind when I moved downtown, and now it has come to fruition and then some.

Baby Boomers are leaving the burbs for the convenience of living downtown.
Also many younger New Haveners who
shun driving can Uber everywhere affordably.
In addition, we have people that love living in the city and commute to Fairfield County or NYC.

And you know what?
It's fun living in New Haven, and of
course the center of the Pizza Universe, 
Wooster Square.

If your considering a move, I'm pretty 
sure that our Sponsor can help!

Take a look at some recent photos!!

See you Downtown
Or
See You Round the Square!



Juvenile Bald Eagle in New Haven

Juvenile Yellow Crowned Night Heron.

Killdeer Long Wharf

Great Egret West River

Yellow Crowned Night Heron


Teensy Tiny Treats

Female Goldfinch Edgewood Park.

Honeysuckle

Secret garden.

*any photos can be purchased
go to Bart Connors Szczarba on ebay
for selected photos. For others,
email me at bartszczarba@gmail.com
Select photos on sale in New Haven
at Dwell New Haven, Chapel Street.



 




6 comments:

  1. I want to share a great testimony on this website on how great Priest Babaka help me in falling pregnant,me and my husband have been trying to have a baby for over 4years, but they where no luck so we decided to contact the family doctor and after all the test have been done,he said to us that my fallopian tube is not functioning.then one day i was in the office when a friend of mine who have the same problem with me, fall pregnant after she contacted Priest Babaka .she directed me to him and when i contacted him through his email and he did the purification on the pregnancy spell and i used his herbal remedy , in 2weeks time i was feeling some how and i went to meet the family doctor who told me that i am pregnant.if you know that you have a similar problem like this, or any fertility issue and you want to be pregnant you can contact Priest Babaka via Email: babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


      Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

      pl..

      Delete
  2. Hello I’m From Memphis Tennessee, USA I feel so joyful today because of the
    help Dr Sunny has rendered to me for getting my Husband back with his
    spell. I have been married for 4 years and it has been so terrible because
    my husband was cheating on me and was seeking for a divorce. But when i
    came across Dr Sunny Email, on the internet posted by a lady, i decided to
    get in touch with him and i explained my situation to him and then seek his
    help but to my greatest surprise he told me that he will help me with my
    case for there is no problem without a solution. Here i am celebrating
    because my Husband is back home and am really enjoying my marriage, what a
    great celebration. i will keep on testifying on the internet because Dr
    Sunny is truly a real spell caster. Why not contact Dr Sunny now if you are
    facing any challenges in your relationship life. Email {
    solutioncentre911@gmail.com } you can call Dr or whats app him via
    {+2349056393169} His Also specialize in
    1) love Spell
    2) Pregnancy Spell
    3) Divorce Spell
    4) Marriage Spell
    5) Healing Spell
    6) Penis enlargement
    7) Money Spell
    8.) You want to be promoted in your office
    9) you want to satisfy your lover
    contact this great man if you have any problem for a lasting solution
    Through his email via { solutioncentre911@gmail.com } .

    ReplyDelete
  3. pas cher jimmy choo chaussures, combinant style élégant et technologie de pointe, une variété de styles de pas cher jimmy choo pantoufle, le pointeur se place entre votre style gustatif exclusif.

    ReplyDelete

  4. We offer personal loans up to $ 500,000, you are looking for a business loan and have been denied by a bank, we can help with loans of $ 5,000 to a maximum of $ 500,000 * that can help you get your business Rebuild and get you back Can bring you on a path to a better financial future.

    On time, you can apply in just a few minutes and get your money the same day.


    Do not delay! E-mail via {challotloan@gmail.com} or visit us at one of our sites to see how we can help.

    Thank you for contacting us,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


    Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

    wd. .

    ReplyDelete